Primary coverage for Airbnb hosts and landlords is offered through the Host Protection Insurance in over 15 countries with protection up to $1 million that occur in a listing or on an Airbnb property during a stay.
It’s better to be over prepared than underprepared, as the unexpected can happen at any point. Even though over sixty million guests have had safe and positive experiences staying with Airbnb listings, this Insurance policy provide peace of mind by protecting hosts from third party claims of property damage or bodily injury up to $1 million.
So what exactly is covered by this policy? Check out the following info, straight from Airbnb.com.
- The Host Protection Insurance program provides primary liability coverage for up to $1 million per occurrence in the event of third party claims of bodily injury or property damage. This coverage is also subject to a $1 million cap per listing location and certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions may apply. For more information, please visit our Help Center.
- The Host Protection Insurance program covers landlords and homeowners associations in many cases when claims are brought against them because a guest suffers injury during a stay. For examples of what’s covered and what’s not, please visit our Help Center.
- The Host Protection Insurance program may also cover claims if a guest damages building property. This often includes claims filed by a landlord against a host. For examples of what’s covered and what’s not, please visit our Help Center.
- The Host Protection Insurance program can now serve as your primary coverage for eligible claims filed as a result of Airbnb stays. Landlords are covered only if Airbnb and/or the host is also a party to the claim.
- Download HPI Program Summary.pdf
What’s not covered by the Host Protection Insurance program?
- The Host Protection Insurance program does not apply to liability arising from (1) Intentional Acts including: (i) Assault and Battery or (ii) Sexual Abuse or Molestation – (by the host or any other insured party), (2) Loss of Earnings, (3) Personal and Advertising Injury, (4) Fungi or Bacteria, (5) Chinese Drywall, (6) Communicable Diseases (7) Acts of Terrorism, (8) Product Liability, (9) Pollution and (10) Asbestos, Lead or Silica.
- If you’d like more details on what’s covered and what’s not, please contact us.
Think Airbnb hosting might be right for you? Sign up for our email list and be the first to receive a free chapter of my new book, Airbnb Investor Style!
Image By Corey Coyle, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=52366310