Airbnb has several payment method options, which depend on what country your payment account is located in.
Once you find a space you want to stay in and contact the host, once they write back and authorize the reservation you are good to go to pay for and confirm the reservation if you are sure that location is where you want to visit. When you are checking out through the Airbnb website, after you choose your country, all the details of payment will be visible.
Airbnb does not allow offline or cash payments. Doing so can result in removal from the Airbnb community. Paying outside of Airbnb makes it more difficult for them to protect host and guest information and puts both parties at a greater risk of fraud and other security issues. It also means that there is no option to leave host and guest reviews, as well as hosts are not protected by the million dollar Airbnb insurance policy.
According to the Airbnb website, payment options may include:
- Major credit cards and pre-paid credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, JCB)
- Many debit cards that can be processed as credit
- PayPal for select countries
- Alipay for China only
- Postepay for Italy only
- Sofort Überweisung for Germany only
- iDEAL for the Netherlands only
- Boleto Bancário, Hipercard, Elo, and Aura for Brazil only
- Google Wallet for US Android App only
- Apple Pay for iOS App only
Think you might be interested in having guests in your space through Airbnb? Make the sharing economy work for you! Have fun and make money doing so! Sign up as an Airbnb host, what are you waiting for?
Image By Singhanjit786 – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=60216861